Royal Confederate Premier
The Royal Confederate Premier is the personal assistant, advisor, and secretary to the Monarch of Vulshain. The position of Royal Confederate Premier dates back to 1769, after the election and crowning of Queen Sybilla Merririn. She believed that having a personal assistant would be beneficial to the Monarch. During Queen Merririn's time, the position was called the Royal Confederate Vizier.
Reestablishment of Advisor
After the fall of Merrill Rivers and his Republican Regime, Queen Anatansya Olekalexein restored the position, but renamed it the Royal Confederate Premier. She chose her personal secretary and first cousin Hyacinthe Renata as the first Royal Confederate Premier.
The Royal Confederate Premier is the head of government, although ruling alongside the Monarch.
The Royal Confederate Premier is responsible in advising the Monarch on various issues and matters of state, such as defense, foreign policy, and laws. The Royal Confederate Premier acts as the Monarch's representative in the event the Monarch is unable to carry out his/her royal duties. In addition, the Royal Confederate Premier has the power to veto and sign legislation, and sign and ratify treaties.
The Office of Royal Confederate Premier is eligible to anyone, although most often, those selected are usually family members or friends of the Monarch, since the Monarch selects the Royal Confederate Premier, but needs the approval of Parliament. Usually, Parliament approves of whoever the Monarch chooses, unless the candidate is believed to be unqualified for the position.
There are several freebies and perquisites that the Royal Confederate Premier receives, such as:
- Ballpoint pens
- Personalized stationery
- 80 TV channels provided by Velra Province-CableNet; unlimited channels via satellite receivers
- High-speed Internet access, including free Wi-Fi
- Toothbrush cups displaying both the National Seal and the Royal Monarchical Emblem
- Valet and Housekeeping services
- Royal Confederate Premier terrycloth bathrobe
- Unlimited periodical and newspaper subscriptions
- All meals, including snacks
- First-run and yet-to-be released movies, as well as older movies, provided free of charge by the Motion Picture Organization of Vulshain; the Royal Confederate Premier has to wait for foreign films to be released like everyone else
- Wake-up service
—Royal Confederate Premier Cecilia Rainard yelling when woke up by a Royal Wake-up Service member for the first time
- Local and international calls
- Nightly bedspread turndown service
- Unlimited mints and hard candy
Deodorant, hair spray, toothpaste, and other personal, non-medical items are the responsiblity of the Royal Confederate Premier.
The Royal Confederate Premier lives in the Royal Confederate Palace in Kitsuniva. In addition, the Confederate Premier can also use the monarch's private residences as his/her own, and does not need the monarch's permission.