|The Provisional Government of Northrop-Grumman|
|Flag||Coat of arms|
|Region||Concordat of Phoenix|
Largest conurbation (pop.)
Mixed Religious Democracy and Liberal Democracy
|Head of Government||Chairwoman Siri O'Neill|
- As a Corporation
- As a Nation-State
July 16th, 1939
December 28th, 2003
|Legal Tradition||Mix of common and civil law|
Quenya, Spanish, trace amounts of others
Sunset NSDossier NSTracker
|GDP (USD, 2008)
- Per capita
| Northrop-Grumman Dollar|
|Time Zone||GMT/UTC -0500|
- ISO 3166-1 alpha-2
- ISO 3166-1 alpha-3
- ISO 3166-1 numeric
|Calling Code||+39, +393|
|See also Demographics of Northrop-Grumman.|
- Humans: 95.75%
- Originally were the descendants of the original employees of the corporation and their families but, upon the establishment of the Conglomeration, eventually included former United States citizens who fled their nation of origin during its downfall. Now effectively everyone who is a baseline human is included in the classification.
- Elves: 4.25%
- Noldor: 2.20%
- The first wave of elves to become naturalized came during the early administration of Chairman O'Neill who opened the borders to those who were fleeing the nuclear destruction of the nation of Underwater Asylum. Those elves are primarily Noldor with a few genetic quirks due to the significant quantities of radiation found in their originating nation.
- Blood: 2.05%
- The second wave of elves originated from Arenumberg, where Vice Chairman Naelthasser negotiated to allow in refugees fleeing a calamity that had killed over 3 billion.
- Noldor: 2.20%
- Other: Trace
- A select few other races have made their homes in Northrop-Grumman, such as roanians, nahralen, and others, but never in a statistically significant quantity.
The manner by which the administrative divisions are implemented fluctuate based upon the geographic location, the purpose of the locality, the population levels, and, if relevant, the history. Divisions upon the mainland have traditionally followed those of the former United States and are typically divided accordingly with a town being the smallest division and the county being the largest. Outside of the mainland, in locations such as space stations and other Earth holdings, an administrator can be appointed by the governmental department operating the location or, if the locality leans more heavily towards being a colony, a small democratically-elected governing council is allowable or an administrator/governor is appointed by the Chair. In the large planetary colonies, the division can be administered by a civilian and military duarchy, a civilian, military, and science triarchy, or a civilian Chair-appointed governor.
- Mainland (Earth)
- Home to approximately 91% of the population, the mainland houses the centers of trade and government for the entire nation, which hail from the capital city of Hawthorne and the major port city of Wilmington. Most laws here are enacted primarily by lower level governments (towns, cities, townships, and other municipalities) but can be superseded by the national government.
- New Sonne (Mercury)
- Originally designed as a research colony to study the effects of high solar radiation and heat upon the newest class of city-ship, New Sonne has progressed to become a stable colony of nearly 800,000 residents upon the surface of the first planet.
- Valacirca (Mars)
- Beginning with a single cityship with the name of Valacirca, which has become the capital for all of the Corporation's interests upon the Red Planet, this ocean-bound colony now includes the cities of Reston, Ahaluth Elemmiire, Carrolton, Acunurba, and New Tortuga, along with half of the former Qaaol-Krista colony.
- P3X-719 (3rd planet of the Criun System)
- This temperate-climate world was the first colony ever established upon another planet by the Corporation and still retains the original alphanumeric designation, though most people simply call it "719". It is presently the headquarters for the Air Force Space Command and, in its orbit, has the Air Force's main fleetyards. Presently, the colony's capital is Nocovia.
- P4X-582 (2nd planet of the Criun System)
- This tropical-climate world was the second colony settled and, like its sister colony, still retains the original alphanumeric designation, though it's commonly called just "582". In its orbit are the secondary repair facilities for the fleetyards, and its capital is Rosenhayn.
- Chimmera (5th planet of the Criun System)
- This subarctic climate world was the third colony established. It's capital city is Pelliamen.
- Alacona Terminus (Alacona System)
- Settled primarily to provide workers for construction of the new trans-stellar gate network, this growing colony has become a minor layover port for shipping to and from the Midlonian and Roanian worlds.
- Extraction Worlds
- Generally uninhabited except for temporary camps set up to house workers for mining and other resource extraction, these worlds are governed by regulations set up by the Department of Natural Resources, managed by either the Corporation's subsidiaries or unaffiliated companies, and are policed by the Air Force Space Command.
- Nonspacefaring Inhabited Worlds
- These are planets that are populated by sapient species that lack the capabilities of space flight and are unaware of the existence of space-faring civilizations; they are continually monitored by orbiting satellites that gather intelligence from the population to determine their culture, language, and general health and well being. The general policy of the Corporation has always been to leave these civilizations be unless they are attacked or a calamity arises upon the world that would cause 'significant harm' to the population.
- Extraction Worlds
Northrop-Grumman maintains a mixed, semi-automated, industrialized economy that is dominated by the Corporation's subsidiaries, which typically have been granted a monopoly in their particular industry. Power generation, sewage, water, banking, defense contracting, interstellar freight, mass transit, and telecommunications are considered public services and are restricted entirely from outside competition. Beyond these, the remainder of the economy is highly centralized around megacorporations that are heavily regulated by the Corporation to ensure fair consumer pricing and employee compensation.
In addition, the Corporation continues to support a protectionist trade policy, designed to ensure foreign involvement in its economic affairs remains at a minimum, but however, there have been a select few instances where free trade has been allowed, primarily to facilitate needed economic growth with nations of a similar economic strength.
Northrop-Grumman is currently a member of the Non-Democratic Alliance (NDA), the Concordat of Phoenix (CoP), the Trade Network Association (TNA), the Galactic Postal Union (GPU), the Common Bank, the Martian Port Authority (MPA), and the defunct Trans-galactic Reconnaissance, Intelligence, and Tactical Organization (TRITON), and is a signatory of the Temporal Accord.
Outside the confines of the larger alliances, the Corporation chooses and prefers to establish one-on-one alliances with individual nations so that any and all discussed terms can be adjusted according to the needs of both involved parties. It categorizes these alliances into three tiers: Alpha, Beta, and Gamma.
Alpha - nations with whom the Corporation has the closest ties, with one of the most prominent terms being mutual defense.
Beta - nations with whom there is a special agreement, such as a streamlined immigration/traveling process, technology trades, etc.
Gamma - nations with whom there is simply a free trade agreement.
During the nation's infancy, the electrical grid primarily revolved around the usage of nuclear fission/fusion and was not particuarly different from its contemporaries, but succeeding the civil war, the cultural mindset began to evolve towards one that believed in the power of redundancy and alternative methods of electrical generation. This eventually culminated in the construction of what became known as the Unified Electrical Distribution Network (UEDN), which was an automated system of three conjoined grids that used multiple power sources depending on need and could easily be divided into regional, municipal or smaller grids.
The primary grid supplies nearly all national consumer consumption and receives its power from plasma power plants purchased and constructed by the Resi Corporation
The secondary grid comes into play whenever power cannot be rerouted through transcontinental superconducting transmission lines. When this occurs, the portion of the grid not receiving power is automatically severed from the national network and effectively becomes a regional one, using hydroelectric, nuclear fusion, and synthetic petroleum or gas until the lines can be repaired.
The tertiary grid is only used in times of disaster where regional lines have been severed by war, earthquake, hurricane, or some other calamity and relies upon solar power panels constructed within the windows of all significantly-sized structures, small fusion or naquadah generators inside government buildings, hospitals, schools, supermarkets, and other 'locations of national interest', and wind turbines that are extended out from the sides of tall buildings in cities. They are mainly there to provide power to either the single structure or to the immediate area, if possible.
|See also Amalgamated Informational Database and Comprehensive Transactional Network.|
The Amalgamated Informational Database and Comprehensive Transactional Network (AIDCTN) exists primarily to facilitate the flow of information throughout the entire nation by providing a persistent identity for each and every citizen. It does so by maintaining records of an individual's background information (names, addresses, phone numbers, DNA, etc), their licenses (motor vehicle operation, security clearances, professional certification, etc), their bank accounts (every citizen automatically has an account through the unified bank), their medical records, any recorded misconduct with authorities, and so forth. In addition, for businesses, it effectively provides a streamlined accounting system whereby it records the collection of payments from customers with just the swipe of a card, the disbursement of employee wages and other business expenses, and the collection of income and payroll taxes.