New Warsaw Pact
|New Warsaw Pact|
Flag of New Warsaw Pact
|Info: NSEconomy RC XML|
NEW WARSAW PACT, (formerly The New Warsaw Pact,) is a region founded by the Democractic Judgeship of Nullarni on February 3, 2010. NEW WARSAW PACT does not espouse any specific political, social, or cultural ideals and beliefs. However lately, it has taken a stance of championing national sovereignty on NS both inside the WA and out. The region has its own forum, but it is currently not actively being used.
NEW WARSAW PACT was originally founded by Nullarni some years ago as "The New Warsaw Pact", named as a reference to Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card. It became a large and successful region, and the Founder decided to take a break from Nationstates. Unfortunately, when Nullarni returned more than three years later, The New Warsaw Pact had been conquered by TOR-TMOD (The Orion Raiders,) and completely deteriorated. This sorry state of affairs could not be allowed to stand, so the region was refounded under the new name NEW WARSAW PACT.
On March 8, 2010, the first NEW WARSAW PACT governmental elections were held. The results showed that Australien had won both the election for Regional Steward and the election for Minister of Defense. As Founder and Supreme Administrator, Nullarni ruled that Australien would only be able to hold one government postion. Australien disputed this ruling in the NEW WARSAW PACT's first Arbiter's court case, Australien v Nullarni, on March 13, 2010. The case concluded a day later with the then Arbiter, Renposa, ruling that Australien must choose one of the positions to fill and the other would filled through a special election.
The NEW WARSAW PACT Charter was ratified by the Parliament on April 4, 2010, with a vote of 4 yea, 0 nay, and 1 abstain. The one abstaining vote was cast by the Minister of Recruitment,Rivax. The NEW WARSAW PACT Charter was written to define the specific duties, obligations, and restrictions of each part of the regional government. It also clarifies the exact role that the WA Delegate will play within the region and how the selection process for that position will take place.
Since its founding, NEW WARSAW PACT worked towards the liberation of its mother region The New Warsaw Pact, which was finally achieved on April 26, 2010. Out of respect for The New Warsaw Pact's legacy, the invaders were ejected, all liberating nations moved out, and the region was allowed to "cease to exist".
On the 8th of February 2011, the NWP Minister for Defence, Australien, in coordination with the founder, Nullarni, commenced the New Warsaw Pact Joint Defence Acquisitions Program, aimed at providing the region with common and compatible equipment of a modern standard. The program initially sought to create a multirole fighter, but expanded to include a strike fighter and an air superiority fighter in addition to plans that would see the JDA Program continue to develop new systems after the aircraft are complete, likely naval and land equipment.
The NEW WARSAW PACT regional government consists of a small number of administrative positions filled by member nations. These positions fall into the 3 separate powers; Executive, Judicial and Legislative. The Legislative branch is the largest and makes up the regional Parliament and the Governing Council.
- Founder and Supreme Administrator- Nullarni
- Regional Steward- Essentially the second in command. If the Founder is absent or unable to do so the Regional Steward will be the head of and spokesperson for the NWP as a whole. The Steward has the power to control the region's military for up to 24 hours without authorization of the Parliament. The Steward also has veto power over anything the Parliament passes if it passes with 3/5 votes or less. This position is currently open.
- Arbiter- The Arbiter is the individual who will settle any disputes. The Arbiter is the only one who has the power to mete out disciplinary actions such as temporary barring from the forum, and ejecting and barring nations from the region. The Arbiter has the power to declare any individual unfit for office and thus impeach them. The Arbiter can be impeached by a 4/5 vote in the Parliament and the endorsement of the Steward. The current Arbiter is Damanucus
- The Governing Council- It is the role of the Governing Council to decide the general theme, feel, and direction that the region will go. They may not create any rules without going through the normal Parliamentary procedure. The members of the Governing Council are as follows:
- The Regional Steward
- The Prime Minister
- The Arbiter
- The Parliament- The Parliament has the power to create and make changes to the Regional Charter and Constitution. However, in order for the creation of, or changes to be made to the Regional Charter or Constitution to be ratified, it must gain a simple majority in a full region vote and then be endorsed by the Steward. The Parliament has the power to create new regional and forum rules. They can also create, abolish, or modify positions, (as long as they were not created by or described in the charter or constitution. If the position is, they must go through the normal procedure to change the charter or constitution.) They can enact treaties, alliances, and declarations of war with other regions. All members of the NWP can add to the discussions and arguments of the Parliament, but only the five Parliament members can make changes to proposals and vote on proposals in the Parliament. The five memebrs of Parliament are as follows:
- Prime Minister: The Prime Minister simply presides over the Parliament. It is the Prime Minister's responsibility to establish procedure with how proposals are submitted, discussed, and voted on, and then to ensure that members follow that procedure. The current Prime Minister is Wonderchicken.
- Minister of the Military: The Minister of the Military is in charge of the region's military on the NS Forum and in the actual NationStates game. It the responsibility of the Minister of the Military to establish and maintain an effective regional military. The Minister of the Military is subject to the orders of the Regional Steward and must follow them to the best of his ability for 24 hours per conflict. After the initial 24 hour period is over, authority is transfered to the Parliament. The Minister of the Military must follow the decisions of the Parliament to the best of his ability, even if he disagrees with their decisions. It is recommended that the Minister of the Military is a veteran NS player, with experience with off forum NS military actions. The position of Minister of the Military is currently open.
- Minister of Foreign Affairs: The Minister of Foreign Affairs is responsible for overseeing all diplomatic efforts of the region. This includes but is not limited to negotiation treaties and alliances with other regions, representing our region in diplomatic affairs on the NS Forums, and setting up regional embassies on other region's forums. All treaties and alliances must be ratified by the Parliament. The current Minister of Foreign Affairs is Lowell Leber.
- Minister of Facilitation: The Minister of Facilitation is responsible for administrating, moderating, and maintaining the regional forum. The Minister of Facilitation is also responsible for creating and updating an entry for the region on NS WIKI. The Minister of Facilitation may also create and maintain other web pages for the region. The most important role that the Minister of Facilitation must fill is seeing that elections take place at their regularly scheduled time and that these elections run in a smooth and orderly fashion. The current Minister of Facilitation is Aezakmi.
- Minister of Recruitment: The Minister of Recruitment is the chief recruiter and in charge of the region's recruitment effort. The Minister of Recruitment is to coordinate the region's recruiters so that recruiters do not send multiple recruitment letters to new nations. Also, the Minister of Recruitment must post recruitment letters once a day in the civil headquarters of the Pacific, the North Pacific, the East Pacific, the South Pacific, the West Pacific, Lazarus, and the Rejected Realms regions. It is his responsibility to ensure the steady flow of new members, to welcome those new members to the regions, and to retain the members we do have. The position of Minister of Recruitment is currently open.
The WA Delegate
- The WA Delegate, for all intents and purposes, is outside the region's government. The WA Delegate has no say in what happens within the region, except in cases where the WA Delegate holds a regional governmental position. The WA Delegate must vote on WA resolutions in accordance to the result of the poll on the NWP regional forum. There are no set term limits for the WA Delegate, and the position of WA Delegate is not voted on outside of what has been set up on the NS website. The current WA Delegate is Damanucus.
|Nations of the New Warsaw Pact|
|Nations: | Aezakmi | Altaggannah | Atheist Libertarians | Australien | Damanucus | Haralkia | Igomen Vudorii | Lower Hesse | Nullarni | Speculine | The Shinnian Islands | The Tempest of Taubate | Triuvia | Wonderchicken |||
|NEW WARSAW PACT Projects|
|| Joint Defence Acquisitions |||
|NWP Arbiter's Court Cases|
|| Australien v Nullarni | New Warsaw Pact v The Shinnian Islands ||