List of Ftangian Emperors
The Galactic Empire of Ftang was officially founded in 1654 Empire Star Date from the Kingdom of Kenlar, and the first Emperor was Lumax I, the founder of the Madrun dynasty, which still rules to this day albeit by a distant branch due to the Rupture War.
Emperors of Ftang
- Lumax I Madrun "The Consolidator" (1654 - 1702)
- Lumax II (1702 - 1778)
- Dale I (1778 - 1846)
- Korsax I "The Breaker" (1846 - 1882)
- Korsax II "The Defiant" (1882 - 1902)
- During the Rupture War, Korsax II and his entire line is killed by the Rebels, and the title passes to a suspiciously long-lived distant relative, who had been born well before Korsax II
- Dale II "The Eternal" (1902 - 2002)
- Dale III (2002 - 2056)
- Turkson I (2056 - 2100)
- Makson I "The Elderly" (2100 - 2188)
- Turkson II (2188 - 2212)
- Kristian I (2212 - 2261)
- Dale IV "The Explorer" (2261 - 2309)
- Korsax III (2309 - 2351)
- Devlar I (2351 - 2398)
- Devlar II (2398 - 2443)
- Makson II (2443 - 2500)
- Kristian II "The People's Emperor" (2500 - 2552)
- Dale V "The Victimized" (2552 - 2557)
- Dale VI "The Avenger" (2557 - 2597)
- Makson III (2597 - 2657)
- Kristian III "The Engineer" (2657 - 2703)
- Makson IV "The Long-Lived Diplomat" (2703 - Present)
Succession and Titles
The succession is limited to the legitimate descendants of the first Emperor Lumax I, with only descendents from male lines being considered for succession.
The system of succession follows male-preference primogeniture (males have total precedence over females)
For a person to succeed to the throne of the Galactic Empire, they must have these traits:
- Have at least a Dual-Honor Degree
- Be chosen by the reigning Emperor
- Born within the Galactic Empire
- To be a legitimate descendant of Emperor Lumax I
- To be descended down from male-only lines.
- Have at least two years military experience
The members of the Royal House bear the title Princes or Princesses of the Imperial House. The heirs are given the title of Crown Prince to highlight their increased significance.
In terms of marriage, all wives must be of noble birth and not have been connected to the Imperial line within five generations. This is to prevent both ignoble offspring and the spreading of the Madrun genes, due to their superior branch of DNA compared to general Ftangian-strand Humans. The Emperor himself will often approve the marriage of any of his sons, with the future wife needing to convince him they are of worthy stock.