History of Free Socialist Wales
From NSwiki, the NationStates encyclopedia.
- By the year 2008, the conservative British government had undone the social policies put in place during the 1990's, causing great discontent among the poor. Unemployment in Old Wales was rife, with a now totally dead regional economy. Various groups had tried to open up new oppurtunities in computing and science, but there were not enough educated people to kick start the industry. People simply could not afford to train to the level required, because of even more education cutbacks by the conservative government. As a result, the number of people classed as living in poverty skyrocketed in 5 years, having no jobs, and hardly any money from benefits.
- Groups such as the Welsh Communist Party rose to the occasion, rapidly gaining support among the poorer Welsh people. They renamed to the Socialist Party, so as not to seem to extremely left wing.
- In the 2012 election, the Socialist Party were sure of victory in Wales, and hoped to make Wales more independant from the now hopelessly conservative English government. However, when the counts came back, the Socialist Party had received only a quarter of what they expected, with the Conservative candidate winning a massive victory. Foul play was suspect all around Wales, and discontent grew.
- In February 2013, a man calling himself Comrade Anessen was voted to take over control of the Socialist Party, after its previous leader, Morgan Wythman died of a treatable cancer (according to his family, they couldn't afford the doctors bill to have it treated). Anessen took the party in a new direction, aiming to import weapons and secretly gain support in the large towns and cities. By 2014 it is estimated that 80% of people in Cardiff had some form of weapon and were associated with the Socialist Party.
The Great Revolt
- In the summer of 2014, a Socialist living in Llandrindod Wells was beaten to death by a group of fascist fanatics, causing total chaos. The local Socialists resorted to violence, and set fire to all government buildings in the town, and killed 50 government employees. The chaos quickly spread to Aberystwyth, Newport, Swansea and Cardiff. In just 24 hours, the seat of the Welsh puppet government in Cardiff had been overturned, with Anessen's Socialist party claiming victory against the Conservatives.
- It is estimated that 4,000 Welsh citizens lost their lives during the revolt, to 5,000 government employees, 10,000 police officers and 200 military personel.
- On the 24th of August 2014, England was officially split from Wales, as Anessen's Socialist Wales declared its independance. England threatened military action against Wales unless the Socialists surrendered within one week. However, the will of true Socialists is not easily broken. Within that week, Wales had a rag-tag army of 5 million people, mainly civilians, ready to fight to the death over the land of their fathers. England declared war against an army of civilians, and was internationally condemned. The European Union threatened action against England if an invasion was launched. Wales was quickly admitted into the EU and the UN, with the famous words:
- "The Free People of Wales call out to the nations of the world, for guaranteed freedom from English Right Wing oppression. We have established our independance. On behalf of my country, I am here to tell the world that We are Free, We are Socialist, and We are the people of Wales, and that we will never surrender!" - Anessen
- Since this day, Wales has been officially referred to as "Free Socialist Wales".
- 2 days after war was announced, England called off the invasion. Germany and the New Soviet Union vowed to defend Wales, and even threatened the English government with nuclear war if they invaded. Wales was now safe. It had gained its freedom, its equality, and it got its identity back.
- Wales later changed its official primary language to Welsh, and stopped teaching English as a primary language. Welsh now appears in the main text of road signs, with the English translation underneath.
Life Under Socialism
- The Socialist Party set up a government devoted to helping the Welsh people, with heavy aid from wealthier countries such as Germany and Canada to set up an economy of its own. Heavy industrialisation resulted in a working economy, independant of England, within 4 years. Wales also built up a very strong computing industry, and soon started selling computer parts and loaning programmers to projects such as the European Space Agency, Soviet Space Exploration, Institute of Quantum Mechanics in Munich and at no cost to schools in various developing countries. These acts of international hospitality have earned Wales a lot of friends on the world stage.
English Revolt and the USEA
- The events in Wales inspired Socialists and Communists in England and Scotland. Terrorist actions were being carried out against the British government by their own citizens, and the prime minister was nearly assasinated 3 times. 5 members of the Conservative party were killed when a buss they were being transported on was rammed off the road by an articulated lorry, and caught fire. Another 11 were killed in a series of fire bomb attacks against their homes by left wing radicals. The people of England had decided that they had had enough, just as the people of Wales.
- The Conservative party, rather then be murdered, dissolved in favour of the New Communist Party of Britain. Relations were quickly repaired between England and Wales, but the Welsh government made clear that it wanted to remain independant from England. Transport and Trade links were re-established, and no passport is required to enter Wales from England and vice versa.
- In the year 2016, Free Socialist Wales joined a union of Socialist and Communist countries, known as the United Soviet Eternal Area or USEA.