The tree town of Goongerah is in the very heart of the forest in the very heart of the nation of Errinundera: map of Errinundera. It lies on the escarpment at the south-western end of the plateau, just to the north-west of the looming Mt Ellery. The Brodribb River, fed by the plateau and Mt Ellery is but a sparkling stream here.
Errinundera Environment Centre
The EEC is home to some of the most significant environmental organisations in the country.
- Animal Protection Enterprise
- Clean Air, Clean Earth, Clean Water Errinundera (Cacecwe, which is also Oo for "Let's party")
- Conservation Council of Errinundera
- Corporate Torchers Incorporated (see Corporate Torching)
- Errinundrian Fire Authority
- The Goongerah Floratech
- The Goongerah Faunatech
- Green Party
- Green Think Tank
- A World Assembly organisation promoting the discussion and development of environmental issues generally, and at the United Nations in particular.
- House Tree Registry
- The Protectorate for the Enviroment
- Sacred Tree Registry
- University for the Global Environment
- Wilderness Society
Goonies are the most committed environmentalists in a nation of greenies.