Coocoostan Pro Baseball
Coocoostan Pro Baseball is a 6 team professional baseball league located in The East Pacific nation of Coocoostan. The league was founded in 2007 after an upsurge in baseball's popularity ensured that a fully professional league was inevitable. The CPB is a corporation, which negotiated a split with the Coocoostan Baseball Congress, which allowed players from it's Premier League to play in the CPB. In exchange, the CPB agreed to allow Kalibad and Summikalad, two smaller cities with strong roots in baseball to enter the league. The league also avoided the inevitable moving of the smallest market teams by allowing their rosters to play as a CPB team in another city, while maintaining the old details of the franchise and enter the new AAA league. As well, exhibition games are held in the smaller cities before the start of the year.
The end of 2007 saw the league contract to 6, which has resulted in a higher calibre of play, but some cities being totally abandoned.
Teams play each team 18 times, with three three-game series at each stadium.
|Division||Team||City/Area||Stadium(Capacity)||Minor League Affiliate|
|Coocoostan League||Aubrey Whales||Aubrey, Aubrey Federal City||Rainbow Beach Stadium(39,000)||South Bay Marines|
|Los Santos Outlaws||Los Santos, San Andreas||Outlaws Stadium(56,000)||Las Venturas Bandits|
|Coocoobad Capitals||Coocoobad, Coocoobad Federal City||National Stadium(56,454)||Nakhoda SC|
|Panjuhr Cobras||Panjuhr, Everon||Panjuhr Dome(46,500)||Panjuhr Loggers|
|Ulgava Knights||Ulgava, Ondakastan||Panpaca Park(39,000)||Starlight City BorderCats|
|Anadahl Angels||Anadahl, Nogova||Hagans Field(46,050)||Kalibad Pelicans|
Spring Training is held in cities that had teams under the amateur system, or cities where CPB hopes to build a following.
- Tenkos Field,Ashamkabad,Coocoo Oblast
- Murphy Field,Jagadsemash, Nogova
- South Coocoobad Stadium,South Coocoobad,Coocoobad Federal City
- Las Venturas Stadium, Las Venturas, San Andreas
- Civic Field, Palomino Creek, Los Santos
- NuCola Field, Vitogorsk,Everon
Differences between CPB and CBC Premier League
- CPB Players are paid salary and reimbursed for moving expenses,CBC Players were paid hourly and considered semi-professional
- CPB Players are on average older, as the CBC players had off-season jobs and usually quit baseball to seek full-time employment
- CPB Stadiums are larger, with only one being smaller than the largest CBC stadium
- CPB Games will be 9 innings long, while CBC games were 7
- CPB uses wooden bats, while CBC bats were metal, usually aluminum
- CPB uses baserunning rules that allow players to "railroad" the catcher on plays at home plate, by crashing into him to attempt to knock the ball loose, while CBC rules expressly forbade this.
- CPB Rosters are larger, with more pitchers and only two bench players.
- CPB plays a 90 game season, while CBC played 42