The Land Service of the Community Defence Forces of Sober Thought divides its tanks into three classes based on the calibre of their main armament: heavy (greater than 120 mm diametre gun), medium (between 61 and 120 mm) and light (60 mm or less).
The heavy tank, is rarely encountered in the forces because its defensive armour cannot catch up with the greater size it needs to accommodate its gigantic 150 mm gun. The main battle, or medium, tank is by far the most common tank and among the more common AFVs because its balance of punch (120 mm gun), speed (much lighter and consequently faster than its larger counterpart) and defensive armour. A scaled down version of the MBT is armed with a 60 mm gun and serves as the forces' light tank, which is mainly used for reconnaissance or enclosed spaces like urban areas or narrow mountain ravines.
Regardless of the type of tank, all crews have the same appointments, ranks, places, crew roles and personal armaments:
- commander, leading soldier or above, in or on turret, operates 8 or 12 mm topside machinegun, 9 mm pistol
- deputy commander, master soldier, beside driver, operates MG where present, 7 mm carbine
- gunner, soldier, turret, aims and fires main armament, pistol
- loader, soldier, turret, loads main armament, pistol
- driver, soldier, front, drives, pistol